- Premier Service Standards for Sellers
- First Steps
- Taking Your Property to Market
- Preparing Your Property for Market
- Negotiating the Sale
- From Acceptance of Contract to Closing of Sale
If you are selling your first property, the prospect can be daunting. If you've sold properties in the past, there may be several elements of the process that you would prefer to do differently. For these reasons, we've established Pacific Union Real Estate’s Premier Service Standards.
Premier Service Standards are practices and standards to which Pacific Union is firmly committed. You will be provided with a clear road map of what it takes to make a successful sale. We let you know, step-by-step, the levels of support and customer care you can expect from your Pacific Union sales agent.
We developed our Premier Service Standards based on many years of experience and believe they are the reason so many people choose Pacific Union.
I will conduct an in-depth interview to understand your goals, your timetable and any special circumstances you may have. By listening carefully to your needs, I pledge to enhance your experience as a seller and to walk you through the steps required to sell your property.
I Will Also
- Explain "agency" relationships in the state of California.
- Explain how the commission is paid and distributed.
- Outline the property sale process and provide a timeline.
- Agree on the best way to continue our ongoing dialogue in a way that fits your lifestyle, i.e. via email, telephone, etc.
- Review all documents, including contracts, disclosures, disclaimers and inspection reports. In some instances, I may refer you to a real estate attorney for further clarification.
- Provide you with relocation and mortgage assistance if appropriate through our affiliated lender and our referral network.
- Offer reliable advice and useful information to help you make informed decisions along the way.
- Handle the details that lead your transaction to a smooth, successful close.
"What is being done to sell my property?" is a reasonable question to ask your agent. Our associate will create a marketing plan specific to your property. Our associate will educate you about the decision-making process buyers go through so that you may use that information to your advantage. Our associate will then implement the plan to bring your property to market in the most attractive light.
I Will Also
- Determine a strategy for positioning the property.
- Utilize the most appropriate marketing resources to alert potential buyers to your property.
- Maximize the power of the Internet and the MLS (Multiple Listing Service).
- Expose your property to a wide group of potential buyers and to our broker network to generate interest from a number of qualified parties.
- Reach out to friends and neighbors who might know of people interested in living in your neighborhood.
- Utilize our global relocation network, GMAC Global Relocation, if appropriate.
- Manage all inquiries on the sale of your property.
- Monitor and communicate feedback I receive along the way.
- Evaluate the results of actions I take along the way.
First impressions count. Before inviting buyers into your property, you'll want to be sure you've done everything to make it as attractive as possible. There are many ways to improve your chances of a sale and as your Pacific Union GMAC Real Estate sales agent I will discuss these with you.
I Will Also
- Advise you as to how to present your property. This may include recommendations for cosmetic changes such as painting, clearing the yard, and arranging the best way to "stage" your property for a visit from potential buyers.
- Advise you as to whether to obtain a professional inspection prior to placing your property on the market. An inspection generally presents a clear picture of the physical condition of the property and allows us to anticipate issues that may arise during the transaction. (This is not intended to preclude buyers from obtaining their own inspection.)
- Advise you as to whether to purchase a one-year property protection warranty for the buyer of your property.
Some people enjoy negotiation, others dread it. Either way, when it comes to selling your property it is important to have a capable negotiator on your side. My experience will be available to you at every step.
I Will Also
- Discuss approaches and strategies for negotiating and recommend what I consider to be the best option for each circumstance.
- Assist in negotiating the best price and terms for your property given existing market conditions and your personal situation.
- Assist in evaluating the qualifications of any buyer that makes an offer on your property. I will make available a mortgage specialist to arrange for a mortgage approval if requested.
- Assist you in reviewing the conditions in the offer and their potential impact on the transaction.
- Revise the Seller's Cost (or Net) Sheet and calculate net proceeds based on the negotiated sales price.
- Help you make informed decisions.
- Counsel you on your options for the presentation of offers on your property.
During this time (typically between 30 and 60 days), Our associate will be there to assist you in handling crucial details so that deadlines are met in order to bring your transaction to a smooth, successful close.
I Will Also
- Verify that escrow has been established, deliver a real time calendar of events, and monitor contingency periods and inspections.
- Attend inspections as practical or at your request.
- Strategize with you as to the results of the preliminary title search upon receipt and per contract guidelines.
- To the extent possible, monitor the purchaser' loan to review that the process is running smoothly.
- Provide you with timely updates on the status of the closing process.
- At your direction, actively market the property through the contingency period and beyond based on market conditions.
- Provide you with copies of all documents executed by both parties which are received by me.